Sussex timber products will always respects your privacy.
The purpose of this policy statement is to clearly explain to you how we collect, use and store your personal data as well as letting you know your rights when it comes to your personal information and in accordance with the new Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Here is everything you need to know about on how we use it.
Information we collect about you:
- Directly from you when you fill out one of the forms directly on the Sussex Timber Products Ltd website.
- Communicating or corresponding with us via telephone, post, email or on social media.
- Your contact information including name, email, address and telephone number.
- Your communications with us.
- Your device location data and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Website visit information using Google Analytic, this may show the time and date of visit to our website and the content viewed or searched for and the length of time on a certain pages are viewed.
How we use your information:
- Action to any requests you may make.
- Supply you with any requested information.
- To help us to improve our website to make it more intuitive and engaging.
- For legal regulatory or business reasons such as assisting crime and fraud prevention.
- We will never sell, share, rent or exchange your personal data with any unauthorised third parties.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will hold onto and store your personal information for as long as we actually need it for the purposes we acquired it for in the first place.
This information can't be used to identify specific individuals, and we only use it for:
- managing and maintaining our website
- research and development of our products and services
- anonymous user analysis, so we can see how our site's being used.
How we keep you information:
- Data storage devices are kept in a secure facility with restricted physical access.
- We do not request or store any financial information such as Credit Cards or Bank Details.
The email addresses collected from the Sussex timber products website https://timberbuildings.co.uk/contact-us/ or "Make an Enquiry" section isn't sold, or disclosed to any third parties. These addresses will only be used by us to contact you in return. You won't receive any emails from us you didn't request.
Our website automatically deploys a cookie on your computer when you arrive (provided cookies aren't blocked by your browser).
This allows us to track visitor statistics and usage of the site and is automatically deleted after 30 days.
On 27th May 2011, the EC introduced a directive called the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation 2011 which requires owners of websites to get specific approval from the visitor if cookies are deployed.
It's relatively easy to restrict or block the cookies used on our site through your browser settings. If you go to the Help function within your browser, you can get detailed instructions on how to change them.
If you're really interested, you might also want to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which provides instructions on how to block cookies on all the major browsers. This useful site also explains how you can delete cookies that have already been stored on your computer as well as general information about cookies. Have fun!
You should be aware though that most cookies are harmless and restricting them may impact on the functionality of the websites you visit.
Social Media Platforms:
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Staying safe online:
This website https://www.getsafeonline.org/ has plenty of sound good advice about protecting yourself and keeping your personal data safe online.
Questions on privacy policies and cookies:
If you've got any questions regarding our Privacy or cookies Policies please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.